Jamaica is known for much more than its rich spices, jerks and world class hotels. It is also highly rated for its beaches. As such, it’s not surprising that Trip Advisor, the American travel and restaurant website company that features highly respected reviews, has one of the island’s beaches in the number 8 position of the World’s Best Beaches in the 2018 awards.
Seven Mile Beach in Negril, located on the island’s West Coast, boasts very favourable reviews by tourists:
“Everything within walking distance- restaurants, music, snorkeling, parasailing, massage, braiding, crafts, bars, and of course sun and sand.”
“One of those got to see beaches…”
One reviewer described it as “absolutely stunning,” writing that it’s a beautiful long beach with soft sand.
Seven Mile Beach made the top 10 cut as a result of the quality and quantity of traveller reviews and ratings on Trip Advisor over the past year.
Below are Trip Advisor’s top 10 beaches:
- Grace Bay – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
- Eagle Beach – Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba
- Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
- La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
- Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
- Seven Mile Beach – Negril, Jamaica
- Bavaro Beach – Bavaro, Dominican Republic
- Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres, Mexico